Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have a confession.
2013 has been rough.
There is [was] this boy. He’s a relic of 2012 (2011, actually). It makes me feel like this Grey’s Anatomy clip, except that it’s not like that at all. I hate boys and their life-ruining ways.
Anyway, instead of dwelling on the things that are getting me down these days (and there sure seem to be a lot), I’ve decided to document my gratitude. Because that sounds much less self-pitying.
1. I’ve already run over 100 miles this year! You guys. I’m gonna go ahead and pat myself on the back because I am impressed. 100 MILES! GO ME! [Also, I’ve been using logyourrun.com, and I am pretty obsessed with it. It makes me want to run faster and faster so I can lower my pace. I definitely recommend it!]
2. I went on a DISNEY CRUISE! It was amazing! It was so wonderful to see my dear friend Steven shining in his element, and to reunite with my lovely friend Bryce who left me for the West Coast a couple years ago.
3. I visited my friend Dana in Boston. It felt like my own little mini vacation.
4. I didn’t drink for the entire month of January! The first half was pretty easy because I was still in California with my Mama [it’s amazing how easy it is to NOT drink when you spend your evenings
drooling over Shemar Moore watching Criminal Minds and going to bed at 10:30]. The second half, ooooh child, was much more difficult. HOWEVER, I learned that *gasp* it’s possible to have fun without drinking! I went to a party and had interesting conversations with people. I hosted a game night and had an awesome sober time playing Cards Against Humanity. [I need to remember this. 12 days off the wagon, or halfway through “Fucked Up February” as my friends christened it, and that fire water is causing more harm than good.]
5. I’ve gotten a few callbacks! Yay!
6. My friend Katie gave birth to her adorable son Jack. I’m planning to visit them in the Spring!
7. I finally reunited with some of my Junies. I miss them so. And that show.
8. I’ve lost 8 pounds. Go me. [Why aren’t they coming off faaaaaster!?]
9. I’ve begun the process of doing some major purging: closet, papers, general shit that I’ve hung onto for too long.
10. I’m no longer drinking soda and I cannot believe how clear my skin is. It has BLOWN MY MIND. Like. I can go outside with ONLY mascara on and not feel like Quasimodo. If I can SEE such a drastic change in my skin, I can only imagine how much healthier my insides are doing. Did you know that soda is really close to battery acid on the pH scale? Gross.
So. People of the cyberworld. What are your failsafe, fake-it-til-you-make-it, get me out of this pit of despair tactics? I’ll take any and all suggestions, coffee date propositions, and spontaneous Ikea ferry requests. These winter blues have got to go!